If you are bored of making the old fashioned pakoras, here are 5 amazing and mouthwatering pakora recipes for this Ramadan to make your Iftar peppery and crunchy.
The word pakora can salivate anyone especially during the month of Ramadan. The mouthwatering pakora recipes are the decor of Ramadan Iftar table. This Ramadan, cheer your loved ones by making unique Ramadan recipes 2019.
Here are the 5 exceptionally tasty Pakora recipes:
1. Classic Chicken Pakora Recipe:
The classic chicken pakora is made with few and easily available ingredients and also liked by the masses everywhere. Try this scrumptious recipe.
- 500 gm boneless chicken cubes
- ½ cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- 3-4 tablespoons chickpea flour or besan
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon chopped green chilli
- Salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry
- Mix the onion, lemon juice, ginger paste, garlic paste, chilli powder, turmeric, garam masala, coriander, green chilli, and salt in a bowl.
- Drop the chicken cubes and mix well. Keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Now, add the besan and corn flour to the bowl containing the chicken cubes and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the chicken cubes until they become golden brown.
- Serve hot with ketchup or mint chutney.
2. Spicy Hari Mirch Pakora Recipe:
The spicy and tangy Hari Mirch pakora is the choice of adults. It can be consumed with other dishes as well. Do give it a try.
- 6-7 green chillies
- oil for frying
- 1 and ½ cup besan
- ½ tsp chilly powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala powder
- salt as required
- Add all the dry ingredients to the batter. Add little water so as to form a thick batter. You could also use rice flour as it will make the pakoras crisp.
- Give 3-4 vertical slits on the green chillies. Take care not to break them.
- Dip them in the batter. Evenly coat the chillies with batter and also apply some batter inside the slits.
- In a deep frying pan heat, oil and deep fry them in oil till they turn golden brown and crisp. Serve hot and crunchy.
3. Noodle Pakora Recipe:
Noodles is a kid thing and Ramadan brings amazing treats for the kids out there. try this Noodle pakora recipe to charm your kids.
- 2 packets Noodles
- 3 teaspoons green chillies, chopped
- 1/3 cup white cabbage, chopped
- 1/3 cup onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup green capsicum pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup spring onions, chopped
- 1 tsp chilli powder, dried and ground
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup cottage cheese, cut in small cubes
- 2 cups chickpea flour (Besan)
- 2 cups of water
- 2 cups canola oil
- Boil Noodles in 3 cups of water for 2 minutes.
- When cool, mix with green chillies, cabbage, onions, capsicum pepper, spring onions, dried chilli powder, soy sauce, vinegar, salt and cottage cheese cubes.
- Mix besan, a pinch of salt and water to form a smooth, thick batter.
- Add to the noodle mixture and mix well.
- Shape the mixture into small pakoras and deep fry till golden brown.
- Remove from the oil and drain on paper towel. Noodles Pakora is ready to serve.
4. Egg Pakora Recipe:
Boil eggs and toss them in your pakora mixture. These can actually be a favourite among everyone and taste wholesome.
- 4 Hard-boiled eggs
- 3 tbsp Gram flour
- Salt To Taste
- Red Chili powder to taste
- Little Black pepper powder
- 1/2 tbsp Garam masala
- Oil to fry
- Peel and cut the boiled egg into two halves.
- Sprinkle little salt and pepper on eggs.
- In a bowl take gram flour salt, chilli powder, garam masala and make a thick batter using water.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Dip each egg piece in the batter and deep fry till golden brown on medium flame.
- Serve egg pakora hot.
5. Paneer Sandwich Pakora Recipe:
Get some cheesy texture on you Iftar table by trying this unique Paneer sandwich pakora recipe.
- Cottage cheese 2 packets of 8 ounces each
- Mint chutney ½ cup
Ingredients for batter:
- Gram flour 1 cup
- Chilli powder ½ tsp
- Garlic paste ½ tsp
- Salt ½ tsp
- Baking soda pinch
- Crushed cumin ½ tsp
- In a bowl mix gram flour, chilli powder, salt, garlic paste, cumin and water, mix with your hand to make the batter.
- Spread prepared chutney between two slices of cottage cheese. Heat oil in a frying pan, dip the cottage cheese sandwiches into the batter, deep fry till golden brown on medium heat.
- Delicious paneer sandwich pakora is ready, Serve hot.