More oil reserves in Pakistan discovered near Gujar Khan


According to the latest reports, more oil reserves in Pakistan discovered near Gujar Khan, Punjab.

The new oil reserves in Pakistan are now discovered by Pakistan Petroleum Limited and Mari Petroleum Company Limited. However, PPL and MPCL made oil discovery in Pakistan near Gujar Khan, Punjab.

Initial reports revealed that the new oil discovery in Pakistan was made at an exploratory well Dharian-l ST-3, drilled in Ghauri Exploration License, near Gujar Khan in Rawalpindi District of Punjab.

MPCL is the operator of Ghauri Exploration License with 65 percent working interest shared with PPL as remaining 35 percent interest holder.

It is the second consecutive discovery by the Ghauri Joint Venture in Ghauri Block. The said well was spud-in on December 21 , 2017 and drilled down to the depth of 4,770m MD/4,472m TVD with the objective to test the hydrocarbon potential of Sakessar and Khewra formations as primary targets.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.