Recently, YouTube shared some amazing stats in their profiling study for Pakistan. YouTube collaborated with Kantar TNS for the development of YouTube Profiling Study. However, the study was finalized in September 2018 and the results were revealed last month during the YouTube Pulse event.
YouTube Profiling Study analyzed the behaviour of 1500 users. 1 out of 3 users, belong from a rural area. Some main key stats from the study regarding engagement of Pakistani users are provided below:
- 63% of YouTube users in Pakistan said they watch YouTube with friends and family
- 64% of online Pakistanis consider YouTube as their favourite video platform
- 73% of online Pakistanis watch YouTube each month.
- 78% of YouTube users in Pakistan agree that YouTube is their first stop when looking for any kind of video.
- 80% of online millennials living in metro cities in Pakistan are reached by YouTube
- YouTube reached the maximum number of users during TV’s prime time evening hours, that is, 8:00 PM – 11:00 PM
There are some other stats about user behavior.
- 40% of users who use both YouTube and TV believe that brands they see on YouTube are more credible than brands they see on TV
- 43% of users who use both YouTube and TV believe that YouTube advertisement is more relevant than a television advertisement
- 50% of users who have seen ads say they help them decide which products or brands to buy
- 60% of users believe watching YouTube videos helps them decide which products or brands to buy
- 64% of users say they visit a website mentioned in the video or found on the watch page
- 68% of Pakistani YouTube users say that it is a useful site when searching for product and brand information
YouTube also revealed the top 8 categories mostly visited by Pakistanis.
- News & Talk Shows
- TV & Cinema
Youtube is emphasizing local brands to grow and providing them great advertising and marketing opportunities through the platform.