Pakistan Telecommunication Authority ( PTA ) has asked consumers to verify their phone device before June 15.
If you plan on buying any new phone or tablet then you must make sure its registered with PTA.
PTA has developed Device Identification Registration and Blocking System (DIRBS) for prevention of sale of fraudulent phones and tablets and customer assistance.
This system will allow us to verify IMEI to ensure that the mobile device is genuine, legal import with all applicable duties and taxes paid.
Mobile devices which are currently operating on different networks do not need to be verified.
The consumers are advised to verify their devices by June 15, 2018, to avoid blocking of IMEI.
People can check the registration status of their IMEI number on the PTA site by logging onto www.dirbs.pta.gov.pk or by downloading DIRBS App from Google Playstore.
How to Find IMEI on Your Mobile Device
International Mobile Equipment Identity is a unique 15 digit code assigned to all cell phones. One needs the IMEI number if they want to unlock their mobile device to use with other networks.
You can find your mobile device’s IMEI number by the following ways:
1. Dial *#06# on your mobile phone to get IMEI number.
2. It is usually printed on the box of the mobile device.
3. Go to settings > About phone > Status > IMEI Information.
4. You can see the IMEI printed on the battery compartment after removing the battery. (Only applicable to phones that have removable battery option)
5. Go to Settings > General > About (Only for IOS devices)