As the sun sets on February 7th, Pakistan embraces the sacred night of Shab e Meraj 2024, also known as The Night Journey, enveloping the air with an aura of spiritual reverence. This celestial event, falling on the 27th of Rajab, holds profound significance in the Islamic faith, captivating the hearts of Muslims worldwide.
Prayer Guide for Shab e Meraj Nawafil 2024:
Eager believers seeking to immerse themselves in the divine atmosphere of Shab e Meraj Nawafil 2024 can follow these steps to enrich their spiritual journey:
- Engage in 12 Rakat nafl salah with one salam, expressing devotion through prayer.
- In each rakaat, recite Alhamdu once and Qul Huwallah thrice, fostering a deep connection with the divine.
- After salaam, devotees are encouraged to recite “Subhanallahi wal humdu lillahi wa la ilaha illallah, wallahu Akbar” a hundred times, followed by “Astaghfirullah rabbi min kulli dhambin wa atubu ilaih” also a hundred times.
- Offer Darood Sharif (blessings upon the Prophet Muhammad) a hundred times, invoking blessings upon the beloved Prophet.
- Conclude with heartfelt dua, pouring out aspirations and gratitude to the Almighty.
Significance of the 27th of Rajab in Islamic Tradition:
The 27th day of Rajab holds profound significance across Sunni and Shia communities, each recognizing its importance in their unique ways.
In Sunni Islam:
While not universally emphasized, the 27th of Rajab holds sacredness as it is believed to be the night of Isra and Mi’raj, the miraculous journey and ascension of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). Though the exact date remains debated, its spiritual significance is undisputed.
In Shia Islam:
This day marks the birth anniversary of Imam Ali ibn Abi Talib, a revered figure in Shia tradition. Shia Muslims commemorate this occasion with prayers and reflections on the exemplary life of Imam Ali.
As the night unfolds, Shab e Meraj 2024 serves as a beacon of spiritual illumination, guiding hearts towards deeper connection and devotion. Across Pakistan, Muslims unite in prayer and contemplation, cherishing the profound significance of this celestial journey. Though celebrated in diverse ways, the essence of this sacred night remains universal—an opportunity for spiritual renewal and divine communion.